- Duration: 3/4 hours
- Distance: 7-8 miles
- Mostly flat terrain
- Tour Availability: Mondays at 10 AM – 2 PM with lunch or 3 PM – 6 PM with snacks
- Private tours are 10 AM – 2 PM with lunch
- Bike Rental (includes helmet and lock)
- Souvenir water bottle
- Locally-sourced snacks and drinks or picnic lunch from Ithaca Bakery
- Guided bike ride and short walks at scenic and culturally interesting locations
- 3 Hour Tour
- 4 Hour Tour with Lunch
- Private Tour for 2
- Private Tour for 3
Your Bike Tour Itinerary
Pedal to some favorite waterfalls and through some fascinating parts of the city of Ithaca and its waterfront with a former Yosemite National Park ranger/naturalist, Finger Lakes native and Ithaca resident. The “enlightened” city of Ithaca owes its existence to water. It’s a major character in so many Ithaca stories from Erie Canal connections to the Underground Railroad, Lake Source Cooling, geologic origins, indigenous history, and agricultural roots. This leisurely bike ride explores the unique dynamic of land and water that has shaped everything from the size of the city to its premiere establishments of higher education. This 7-8 mile, mostly flat loop includes some very short walks to unique landmarks. The first half of the ride will bring the group through a couple of different historic neighborhoods and the second half of the journey will follow the Cayuga Waterfront Trail. Stops throughout the ride will include two dramatic waterfalls, three historic neighborhoods, the Ithaca Commons, Ithaca Farmers’ Market and Cayuga lakeshore. Locally-sourced snacks and drinks, that weave themselves into the stories told by the city, will be provided.
- The tour is not recommended for children under 12.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Participants will want to be prepared for changing weather conditions and provide their own sun protection (e.g. sunglasses and sunblock).
- *Weather Alert: This tour runs if the weather is overcast or very lightly raining. We will cancel the tour if weather conditions become unsafe, such as heavy rains, thunderstorms, or in the event of flood or ice warnings.
- The tour meets at Ithaca Bike Rentals at the Ithaca Youth Bureau, 1 James L. Gibbs Drive, Ithaca, NY.