Ithaca is Foodies flagship tour delves into the heart of Downtown Ithaca with stops at beloved restaurants and notable landmarks in The Commons area.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Distance: 0.5 miles
- Not particularly strenuous; involves paved walkways & stairs
- Tour Time: 4 pm – 6 pm
- Tour Availability: Fridays
- Advanced reservations required
- Beer, wine, cider, and food tastings at four establishments
Our Downtown Ithaca Craft Beverage Tour is a narrated, guided tour of the heart of Ithaca. You will visit four local businesses, sampling alcoholic libations at each. Sip craft beers, Finger Lakes wines, artisan ciders, and a cocktail crafted with local spirits, adding up to about two drinks. Along the way, enjoy delicious local food tastings paired with each beverage.
Accompanying these scrumptious samplings you’ll be treated to insights about each establishment – all neighborhood favorites with a unique story and setting. In addition, you’ll discuss the unique history of each drink in New York State, exploring when it was first introduced and what has spurred on its recent popularity.
The Downtown Ithaca Craft Beverage Tour is perfect for Ithacans and visitors alike! Whether you’re a first time visitor or a lifelong “townie” we’re confident that you’ll walk away with a new perspective on Ithaca’s bar scene and the local craft beverages they serve.
Begin your evening with the assistance of 4 local establishments.
Lucky Hare Brewing Company
Taproom of a family-owned Seneca Lake craft brewery.
Sustainably-minded bar offering cocktails, loose-leaf tea, and a conversational atmosphere.
The Cellar D’or
Boutique shop specializing in small production, estate-bottled wines, ciders, and spirits.
Located inside the Argos Inn, Bar Argos offers classic cocktails and housemade inventions which range from colloquially familiar to delightfully unusual.
- Photography encouraged.
- Vegetarian and gluten-free substitutions available.
- This tour is not intended to replace a meal: think of it as a cocktail hour on foot!
- Tours take place rain, snow, or shine. Please dress accordingly.
- For more information, view the Ithaca is Foodies FAQ
- Inside the atrium of the Tompkins Center for History & Culture at 110 N. Tioga Street.