The Made in Ithaca Luscious Libations Tour is the ideal activity for guests who would like to experience the unique wines, beers and spirits of the region on a 3.5-hour tour.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Tour Time: 2:30 p.m.
- Tour Availability: Saturday’s February through April
- Advanced reservations required
- Food tastings at 5 restaurants
Your Science of Taste Food Tour Itinerary
The Science of Taste is a narrated, guided tour. You will visit five local establishments, exploring a different one of the five basic tastes (sweet, salty, sour, bitter, and umami) with a satisfying tasting at each. We’ll discuss how we perceive these tastes, the ways in which they interact with each other, and the difference between taste and flavor. You’ll also learn how they’re used in cooking and you’ll find out whether or not you’re a super-taster!
- Savor 5 generous tastings and 3 delicious drink pairings.
- Explore one of your five basic tastes (sweet, salty, sour, bitter, and umami) with each course.
- Redefine how you experience food as we discuss the hidden elements behind each taste.
- The tour route keeps the group warm with short walks from one establishment to the next!
We’ll savor the 5 basic tastes with the assistance of 5 fabulous local establishments and 1 local bakery.
Luna Inspired Street Food
Street food dishes from around the globe recreated with regionally-sourced ingredients.
F. Oliver’s Oils and Vinegars
A specialty culinary boutique featuring high quality extra virgin olive oils, balsamic vinegars, and custom spice blends.
Bickering Twins Restaurant
Latin American cuisine with a focus on simple but classic ingredients and flavors.
Monks on the Commons
Thoughtfully-prepared food and drink with a nod to tradition and a healthy dose of novelty.
Alley Cat Cafe
Inclusive community cafe with extensive tea selection and separate cat petting rooms with felines rescued by Browncoat Cat Rescue.
Wild Flour Baked Goods
Vintage inspired baked goods with a modern twist, lovingly created in small batches.
- Vegetarian & gluten-free substitutions available. Please inquire about other dietary restrictions.
- We recommend having a light breakfast the morning of your tour.
- Tours take place rain, snow, or shine. Please dress accordingly.
- For more information, view the Ithaca is Foodies FAQ
- Near the Aurora Street end of The Commons. (Precise meeting location will be provided with ticket purchase.)