Join one of our local naturalists on a 2-hour guided exploration of Taughannock Falls State Park.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Tour Time: 10 am – 12 pm
- Availability: This tour is available upon request. Please contact us at 607-233-4818 or [email protected] if you’re interested in this tour.
- Guided hike
- Souvenir water bottle
- Purity ice cream treat or muffin
Enfield Gorge is a 1- mile loop hike through a spectacular gorge filled with flagstone stairs, bridges and of course, beautiful waterfalls. The path we follow is paved with flagstones and all the changes in altitude are steep flagstone staircases. During the walk, we provide background about the natural history of the gorge and the geologic history of upstate New York.
This gorge, which many feel is as beautiful as any on the continent, affords us the opportunity to point out many examples of evidence of geologic history. This tour is appropriate for children 6 years or older and is moderately strenuous.
At the end of the hike, we treat you to a Finger Lakes-flavored experience of Purity Ice Cream or their freshly-baked muffins.
- All tours are public and require a minimum of three total guests in order to run at the listed price. For parties of 2 guests, this tour is offered for a flat rate of $99. Once the minimum number of 3 guests has been reached, children ages 3-12 are $25.
- A 12% service charge will be added to reservations with eight or more guests. If you book online, you will receive an updated confirmation email containing that extra charge within two business days.
- Weather Alert: This tour runs if the weather is overcast or lightly raining. Ponchos and umbrellas will be provided. We will cancel the tour if weather conditions become unsafe, such as torrential rains, thunderstorms, or in the event of flood or ice warnings.
Meet your guide at the upper entrance parking lot at Robert Treman State Park. Follow Rt 327 (Enfield Falls Rd) to Upper Park Road. Meet near the old Grist Mill. Please Note: Transportation to and from the departure location is not provided. There is a $7 per vehicle park entrance fee.