We all know that Ithaca is Gorges, but what about all the other great things about Ithaca that puts it on scores of top 10 lists around the country? Discover them all!
- Duration: 2 hours
- Distance: 1.75 miles
- Not particularly strenuous; involves paved walkways & one very short uphill
- Tour Availability – Advanced reservations required
- April 1 through June 9 & September 1 through October 27: Friday’s at 3 p.m., Sunday’s at 10 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- June 30 through August 30: Monday’s & Wednesday’s at 10 a.m., Friday’s at 3 p.m.
- Call us for bookings on other days
- Tour with guide
Your Downtown Ithaca Walking Tour Itinerary
Celebrate Ithaca’s cultural heritage! Take a walk along downtown Ithaca and explore the wonders of the city’s natural and cultural heritage. This 1.75-mile loop includes visits to many of the unique landmarks and natural features that are the bones of this city, as well as two of the gorge creeks that are its lifeblood.
Stroll through the city with a former Yosemite National Park ranger/naturalist and Finger Lakes native. Discover the place where the Underground Railroad, paddle-boards, trolleys, stagecoaches, steamboats, and shared cars have all been legitimate methods of transportation. They say that “Ithaca is Gorges,” but it is so much more! Learn how people, places, nature, and culture have come together to define a city with a unique spirit.
- All tours are public and require a minimum of 3 total guests in order to run at the listed price. For parties of 2 guests, this tour is offered for a flat rate of $99. Once the minimum number of 3 guests has been reached, children ages 8-12 are $25. Tour is not suitable for children 7 and under.
- A 12% service charge will be added to reservations with eight or more guests. If you book online, you will receive an updated confirmation email containing that extra charge within two business days.
- The tour meets outside The Hotel Ithaca, 222 South Cayuga Street, Ithaca, NY.