What better way to experience the Finger Lakes than to stay ON a Finger Lake!
This package partners with Finger Lakes Sailing Charter to create a getaway that is perfect for a group of friends or a small family get-together who are looking for a truly unique and memorable experience. It includes one of our full-day wine and lunch tours, a sunset sail, lakefront dinner options, spa services, and of course, provisions for lots of hang-time on your chartered sailboat that is all yours for the entirety of your stay. Your classic wood sloop sailboat is docked at a boat slip on the Cayuga Lake Inlet in Ithaca’s West End waterfront. Boats sleep either 4 or 6 guests depending upon the size of your group.
Your Package Includes:
- Two-night Stay aboard your own sailboat on the Cayuga Lake inlet
- Stocked Galley with locally-sourced bagels, spreads, jams, and seasonal fresh fruit for breakfast both mornings
- Private 2.5-hour sunset sail aboard your boat with licensed captain
- Seats on Experience! The Finger Lakes full day wine & lunch tour (tour guide gratuity is included)
- $20 per person in redeemable “bottle bucks” provided on your tour to bring home your favorite wines
- Complimentary two bottles of Finger Lakes wine, water and light refreshments on board to enjoy during your sail
- A gift certificate towards your group’s dinner just a short stroll away from your boat at the Boatyard Grill
- $100 per person spa credit at Rasa Spa, also just a short walk from your boat slip (Gratuity not included)
Day 1: Check in at your boat anytime after 3pm. Settle into your boat, open a bottle of your complimentary wine, set up your local cheese and enjoy the people watching from your deck. The captain arrives at your boat 1 and 1/2 hours before sunset. Set sail into Cayuga Lake for your sunset cruise. Afterward, enjoy dinner at one of our recommended south end restaurants, including Maxie’s Supper Club, or order in pizza delivered to your boat. Check out the music next door at The Dock.
Day 2: Enjoy breakfast on-board with locally sourced provisions on the boat from freshly baked bagels to locally roasted coffee. At approximately 11am, your Experience! The Finger Lakes wine tour begins! Your tour guide picks you up right at your slip to join the tour and begin your day of wine tasting and exploration. On your wine tour, your group gets an up-close and personal experience at the top wineries in the Finger Lakes. Exclusive opportunities, such as a vineyard and cellar tour with the winery owner, vertical barrel sampling with the winemaker, sommelier-designed food & wine pairings, regionally-sourced lunch, and reserve tastings all combine to create a day where each guest will walk away with a new appreciation of the world of wine.
Tour returns at approximately 6pm. Take some time to relax, and then head over to the Boatyard Grill for dinner with your gift certificate, or order takeout and eat on the boat. Following dinner, feel free to explore Ithaca nightlife including more live music at The Haunt.
Day 3: Light breakfast on the boat followed by your spa treatment at Rasa Spa. Leave time to enjoy the sauna and stunning tranquility room overlooking the Cayuga Inlet. On Saturdays or Sundays, be sure to check out of the boat by 11am, then head over to the Ithaca Farmer’s Market to enjoy lunch from one of the many ethnic food booths and bring home some delicious local Finger Lakes jams, pestos, breads, coffee, and cheeses before heading home.
- Spa services can be removed from the package to lower all the prices above by $100/person.
- 4 guests uses one 4-passenger boat and 6 guests uses one 6-passenger boat.
- Prices exclude holiday and graduation weekends. We can provide customized quotes for those weekends upon request.
- Sheets, pillows, and towels will be provided by Finger Lakes Sailing Charter.
- There are no showers on the boats but there are 2 bathrooms at the marina (a VERY short walk from your boat). Each bathroom has a sink, a walk-in shower, and a toilet. There is a sink on the boat for toiletries, etc.
- The boats have basic refrigeration. Guests can bring drinks and snacks.
2019 Package Pricing
The prices below are valid mid-April, 2019 through November 1, 2019 (peak season). For 3-night package pricing, call our office at 607-233-4818 or email us at [email protected] A 2-night minimum is required.
*The prices quoted below are per person*
Guest Number 2-Night Weekday Price 2-Night Weekend Price 4 Coming soon. Coming soon. 6 Coming soon. Coming soon.
Ready to get started? Fill out our Package Request form so we can check availability for your preferred package and dates!