Tour & Accommodation Package Request Form
- What if some guests in my group want to do the spa and some guests do not?
If some people in your group are interested in the spa and some are not, we recommend removing the spa credit from the package and having those who are interested in the spa take care of their spa appointments and payment on their own.
- What if some guests in my group can only stay 1 night?
With the way that our packages work, everyone who is part of the package either participates in all that is included in the package (2-night stay, breakfast, wine tour, spa, etc.) or everyone does not. That is why we recommend that if some people are interested in the spa credit and others are not, that you remove it from the entire package (see previous question). If some people in your group can only stay 1 night, we recommend that they book their accommodations and tour separately.
- Is the restaurant gift certificate per person or one gift certificate for the whole group and how much is it for?
The restaurant gift certificate is 1 gift certificate for the whole group. A group of 4-7 guests receive 1 $50 gift certificate and a group of 8-14 guests receive 1 $100 gift certificate.
- Can our entire group fit in the Yellow Barn Suite?
With 3 bedrooms (2 rooms with 1 king bed and 1 room with 1 queen bed), the Yellow Barn Suite can sleep a maximum of 7 guests. A rollaway bed is added for the 7th person. If there are more than 7 people in your group, rooms from the main building of La Tourelle will be added to your reservation so your entire group can be accommodated.
- How many guests can stay in each room?
At La Tourelle, the Yellow Barn Suite can accommodate a maximum of 7 guests. A room with 2 beds can sleep a maximum of 5 guests (if a rollaway bed needs to be added) and a room with 1 bed can sleep a maximum of 3 guests (if a rollaway bed needs to be added). At Firelight Camps, their tents with 1 king bed and sleep a maximum of 3 guests and their tents with 2 queen beds can sleep a maximum of 4 guests.
- What time does the wine tour start and end?
To account for daylight savings – for packages that run from early November to mid March, a full day tour that includes lunch normally starts between 10am and 10:30am and ends between 5pm and 5:30pm. For packages that run from from mid March to early November, a full day tour that includes lunch normally starts between 10:00 and 10:30am and ends between 5:30 and 6pm. The start and end time of the tour depends on which tour you choose. We also have half day tours, which do not include lunch and start between 12:30 and 12:45pm and end between 6 and 6:30pm. We recommend a half day tour for guests who would like more time to explore Ithaca before their tour.
- What if some guests in my group are pregnant or under 21?
If you have guests in your group who are unable to drink, we will ask our winery partners to provide non-alcoholic drink options so they can still participate in the tasting experience.
- Do you have pricing for groups with more than 14 guests?
The vans we use for our wine tours can accommodate a maximum of 14 guests and the per person cost of our packages is based on using 1 of our 14-passenger vans. If your group has more than 14 guests we would have to charter a 24-passenger bus, which will increase the per person cost of the package.
- Will our wine tour be private?
If your group is between 12 and 14 guests your wine tour will be private. If your group falls below 12 guests you can pay an extra fee per person to keep your tour private or we can open the tour up for other guests to book.
- Do you need a deposit to hold my reservation?
At the time of booking we take a deposit of 1 person’s share of the package. At 60 days before you’re scheduled to check in 50% of the total cost of the package minus the original deposit that was put down is due. The final 50% is due 3-4 days before you’re scheduled to check in. Because we book over 40 packages every season, we prefer to not take individual payments from the other guests in your group. We recommend collecting money from the other people in your group prior to your next payment being due and then when your next payment is due, we will be in touch with you to confirm the amount and credit card number. Payments can be made by credit card or check. If paying by check, the final payment is due 60 days before you’re scheduled check in.
Please note for our Stay on a Boat! Package: The final 50% will be due 31 days before you’re scheduled to check in.
- What is your cancellation policy?
A1. We have a 31 day cancellation policy for groups of 5+ people. If anyone in your group needs to cancel or you want to cancel the entire reservation we need to know by 5pm 31 days before you’re scheduled to check in if you want to receive a refund. After that date no refunds can be issued.
A2. We have an 8 day cancellation policy for groups of 4 or less guests. If anyone in your group needs to cancel or you need to cancel the whole reservation and you want to receive a refund, we need to know by 5pm 8 days before you’re scheduled to check in. If any cancellations are made between 7 and 2 days before you check in, you will be charged in full and receive a 50% credit. If any cancellations are made the day before you check in, no refunds or credits will be issued.
Please note for our Stay on a Boat! Package: Our 31 day cancellation policy will apply for all group sizes.
- What if my group has only 2-3 people? Can I still book the package?
If your group is under 4 guests, we recommend booking your wine tour and accommodations separately. For booking the wine tour, you can visit our Tour Calendar to see what we’re currently offering on the date you’re looking to come to the area. You can also find full descriptions of our tours on our Wine Tours page if you don’t see any tours currently available on our tour calendar. For booking your accommodations, please see our accommodation partners below:
- Additional information to note about our packages.
- The per person cost is based on the number of guests in your group and the number of nights you stay. Also, our prices are based on specific room configurations. The per person cost may change depending on La Tourelle or Firelight Camp’s availability.
- Ithaca, New York is home to 30,000 college & university students and therefore there’s a chance La Tourelle or Firelight could not have availability due to special events (graduation, homecoming, reunion). Normally those weekends are the last 2 weekends in May and the 2nd weekend in June.
- We understand that with coordinating a large group sometimes there is only one weekend that works for everyone. If that’s the case and La Tourelle or Firelight does not have availability, don’t get discouraged! If you can secure your own accommodations there’s a good chance we can still host your group on a wine tour.