This is no ordinary stroll! Explore the wonders of Ithaca’s rich natural and cultural heritage on this guided walking tour of the city’s landmarks and parks.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Distance: 1.1 miles
- Not particularly strenuous; involves paved walkways & stairs
- Tour Time: 11:30 am
- Tour Availability: Saturday’s
- Advanced reservations required
- Food tastings at six restaurants
Your Downtown Food Tour Itinerary
The Ithaca Is Foodies Downtown Ithaca Food Tour is a narrated, guided tour of the heart of the city. You visit six one-of-a-kind restaurants that showcase the incredible variety of what this town has to offer. Enjoy delicious food tastings, enough for a full lunch, served by locally owned culinary hotspots.
Between scrumptious samplings, you’re treated to a local’s knowledge of Ithaca’s history and culture. Your expert guide shares their love for their hometown as they showcase historic sites, architectural gems, public art, a city park in a parking space, and so much more. By end of the tour, you’re well acquainted with Downtown Ithaca’s attractions, restaurants, upcoming events, and more.
This tour is perfect for Ithaca locals and visitors alike! Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a lifelong townie, Ithaca is Foodies guarantees that you’ll walk away with a satiated appetite and a new perspective on Ithaca’s culture, cuisine, and community.
- Moosewood Restaurant
- World-famous natural foods restaurant renowned for their James Beard Award-winning cookbooks.
- Ten Forward Cafe
- Star Trek-themed vegan cafe featuring fabulous milkshakes, hot & cold sandwiches, and dessert baked fresh daily.
- Hawi Ethiopian Cuisine
- Ethiopian restaurant serving ancient, authentic recipes cooked to order.
- Mama Said Hand Pies
- This mom-and-pop business bakes savory hand pies with fillings that celebrate comforting flavors from around the world.
- F. Oliver’s
- A specialty culinary boutique featuring high-quality extra virgin olive oils, balsamic vinegars, custom spice blends, & Finger Lakes gifts.
- Monks on the Commons
- Thoughtfully-prepared food and drink with a nod to tradition and a healthy dose of novelty.
- Photography encouraged.
- Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free substitutions available.
- We recommend having a light breakfast the morning of your tour.
- Tours take place rain, snow, or shine. Please dress accordingly.
- For more information, view the Ithaca is Foodies FAQ
- Tour meets guide in front of green awning at Moosewood Restaurant (215 N. Cayuga Street)