Enjoy a narrated driving tour that features majestic waterfall views and colorful tales of the town’s history, culminating in a visit to Ithaca Falls.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Tour Time: 10 am – 12 pm
- Availability: This tour is available upon request. Please contact us at 607-233-4818 or [email protected] if you’re interested in this tour.
- Guided hike
- Souvenir water bottle
- Purity ice cream treat or muffin
- Child (3-12)
Natural History Hike Through Taughannock Falls Itinerary
Taughannock Falls is the most photographed waterfall in Ithaca NY. At 215 feet tall, it surpasses Niagara Falls in height. Join us on a 1.5 mile round trip hike along Taughannock Creek to the base of the falls. Along the way, we will see natural history landmarks and explore how the waterfall and creek have changed the landscape in the last 10,000 years. This hike is completely flat and suitable for aged 6 and up. Pets are welcome on a leash.
At the end of the hike, we treat you to a Finger Lakes-flavored experience of Purity Ice Cream or their freshly-baked muffins.
- All tours are public and require a minimum of three total guests in order to run at the listed price. For parties of 2 guests, this tour is offered for a flat rate of $135. Once the minimum number of 3 guests has been reached, adults are $35 per person, and children ages 3-12 are $25 per person.
- A 15% service charge will be added to reservations with 4 or more guests. If you book online, you will receive an updated confirmation email containing that extra charge within 2 business days.
- Weather Alert: This tour will move forward if the weather is overcast or lightly raining. Ponchos and umbrellas will be provided. We will cancel the tour if weather conditions become unsafe, such as torrential rains, thunderstorms, or in the event of flood or ice warnings.
Meet your guide at the entrance to Taughannock Falls State Park. The entrance is off Route 89, Trumansburg, NY. The parking lot is on the opposite side of the street from Taughannock Point on Cayuga Lake. Please Note: Transportation to and from the departure location is not provided. There is a $8 per vehicle park entrance fee.