Veer off the path of the Cayuga Wine Trail and discover little treasures along the way. Experience first-hand the wonderful hand-crafted wines of the east side of Cayuga on this half-day tour.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Tour Time: 10 am – 6 pm
- Tasting fees
- Added services
- Special food pairings
Your Cayuga Lake Wine & Lunch Itinerary
This full-day tour features all the best that the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail has to offer, from stunning views to exquisite wines. Visit four iconic wineries, explore their vineyards, and enjoy delicious wine pairings with local cuisine.
We begin at Cayuga Ridge Winery, where the owner takes you on a private, behind-the-scenes tour of the wine-making process. You learn about the winery’s history and stroll through its vineyards to take a closer look at its approach to winemaking. After your tour, you experience a tasting of their line of wines, featuring a select wine paired with local cheese.
For lunch, you will head down the road to Thirsty Owl Wine Company, where you will have lunch at their Bistro. To view an example the lunch options, visit Thirsty Owl Wine Company Lunch Menu.
Next up is Hosmer Winery. Founded in the 1980s by the Hosmer Family, this winery has been a mainstay of quality grape growing in the region. At Hosmer, you experience a specially designed tasting that includes multiple pairings with cheese, pesto, and chocolate!
The third stop is Sheldrake Point Winery. Enjoy their beautiful lakefront tasting room while sampling their wines, ranging from exquisitely crafted rieslings to their proprietary red blends. The tasting features an exclusive selection of wines, each paired with a local cheese, and highlights their traditionally made, internationally recognized ice wine for a wonderfully sweet ending.
Our last winery of the day is Shepherdess Cellars. The Cellar was launched in 2014 by Mark and Samantha Radloff with the intention of making great wines that represent the Finger Lakes area. From the beginning, their goal has been to make wines that pair well with food and are also fun on their own. They have accomplished a selection of well balanced, thoughtful wine.
The tour culminates with a trip to the beautiful Taughannock Falls overlook. Standing at 215 feet high, it is the tallest waterfall in the Eastern U.S. and is sure to take your breath away.
*Please note, occasionally our partners are unavailable. In these cases, Bet the Farm Winery may be added to the itinerary as an alternate stop.
- All tours are public tours and require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. Alternate pricing and touring options are available for tours that do not meet this minimum.
- If you are a group of 8 or more, we can host you on this tour as part of our Private Tour Bundle Package. Please visit our Private Wine Tours page to view more information!
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- La Tourelle Hotel and Spa, 1150 Danby Rd, Ithaca NY
- The Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga Street, Ithaca NY
- Trumansburg – To the right of the TFit, 61 West Main St, Trumansburg, NY – Please park in front of the unoccupied storefront in between the TFit & Independent Fitness.