Experience a vineyard and cellar tour. Taste a wonderful array of wine varieties, and learn about the history of the Finger Lakes on this wine tour with lunch. Satisfy your palate and your curiosity as…
- Duration: 6.5 hours
- Tour Time: 11 am – 5:30 pm
- All-inclusive, COVID-19 safe, wine tour experience for 2-6 guests
- Transportation provided in either our well-appointed 14-passenger high-roof Ford Transit or our 6-passenger Mercedes Metris, depending on group size and desired shared or private option
- Barrel-room vertical tasting with winemaker at the first winery
- Vineyard tour with grower at the third winery
- Private, fully-curated, enhanced, tasting experiences at each winery
- An experiential food pairing at each winery
- Locally-sourced outdoor lunch at a winery
- Added services including water and snacks on board your vehicle
- Full COVID-19 safety protocol with social distancing, PPE, and sanitizing in place and observed throughout the tour.
- Shared Tours starting at $199 per person
- Traditional and Premium Private Tours starting at $1035 per reservation
Experience! East Cayuga Lake Wine Tour with Lunch Options and Itinerary
This tour is available in three different options:
Shared Tour: Small, guided experience for up to 6 guests (2-3 different households) with knowledgeable wine professional tour guide. This is the enhanced shared group experience for which we are known, now in an extra small format.
Traditional Private Tour: The high-quality experience you have come to expect in an E!FLX tour, now available as a private experience for 2-6 people. Comes with $20 of “Bottle Bucks” per person, that serves as cash towards wine purchases at all stops.
Premium Private Tour Upgrade: All the enhanced features of our traditional private tour (including “Bottle Bucks”) with upgraded premium tastings at each winery. Tastings will feature limited library and reserve wines not typically offered to the public. You can upgrade your Traditional Private Tour to a Premium Private Tour for an additional $50 per person.
Want to get even more out of your private tour? Premium Private Tours offer the option to have a certified sommelier serve as your tour guide for the ultimate experience!
This full-day tour takes you to three family-owned wineries on the east side of Cayuga Lake, including winemaker and grower experiences, private wine tastings paired with local cheese and chocolates and a Finger Lakes comfort food lunch.
Our first stop of the day is Long Point Winery, where you are treated to a truly intimate wine tasting experience. Owner and winemaker, Gary Barletta, will share his love of Zinfandel, as you taste four different styles of wine created from this one grape varietal. This full-bodied red is perfect with chocolate, so we’ll have some with us for you to experience. Afterward, experience a variety of Long Point finished wines, from crisp or fruity whites to rich, full-bodied reds.
Next, head to Treleaven Wines. Upon arrival, you will enjoy an outdoor lunch featuring comfort food with a twist creation of chef Cookie Wheeler. To view an example of your lunch options, visit Simply Cookie’s Kitchen Menu. A private wine tasting follows, where the fabulous Treleaven wines will be presented with selections to match your palate. A special dessert pairing will be featured.
For the final stop of the tour, head to Bright Leaf Vineyards, where you get a vineyard tour given by the grower, followed by a private tasting where you will experience their artisan-crafted wines thoughtfully paired with locally-made chocolates. It doesn’t get much better than this in the Finger Lakes!
Don’t miss this unique opportunity for an intimate exploration of the local bounty along East Cayuga!
The following locations are available for pick up and drop off on our Shared Tours:
- La Tourelle Hotel and Spa, 1150 Danby Road, Ithaca NY
- The Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga Street Ithaca NY
- Courtyard Inn by Marriott, 29 Thornwood Dr., Ithaca NY
On private tours, we provide custom pick-up and drop-off at your preferred location (additional fees may apply).
Guest Minimum and Maximum on Shared Tours
All Shared Tours require a minimum of 4 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. These tours will typically consist of 2-3 separate parties joining together in a shared experience, offering exceptional value for couples and small groups.
In the event that the 4 guest minimum is not met, we will contact you one week prior to the scheduled date where you will be offered the following options depending on the number of guests currently booked:
- Switch to our Experience! Ithaca Wines and Waterfalls Tour, which is a shorter, more compact tour specifically designed for 3 guests at no additional charge. Please note, all three guests booked must agree to this switch to confirm.
- Switch to the Traditional Private Tour when there are only two guests who want to experience at the most personalized level.
- Reschedule the tour for a future date at no penalty
- Cancel the reservation and receive a full refund
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- All guests are required to verify they have read and understood our COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, sign an Assumption of Risk waiver and pass a Health and Safety Screening to ensure the safety to all on board.
- For more information about our Health and Safety Agreement and Screening, please CLICK HERE