- Duration: 5 hours
- Tour Time: 12 PM – 5 PM
- All-inclusive, COVID-19 safe, wine tour experience for 2-6 guests
- Transportation provided in either our well-appointed 14-passenger high-roof Ford Transit or our 6-passenger Mercedes Metris, depending on group size and desired shared or private option
- Vineyard and winemaking tour at the first winery
- Private, fully-curated, enhanced, tasting experiences at each winery
- An experiential food pairing at each winery
- Locally-sourced lunch at a winery overlooking vineyards & Cayuga Lake
- Added services including water and snacks on board your vehicle
- Full COVID-19 safety protocol with social distancing, PPE, and sanitizing in place and observed throughout the tour.
- Shared Tours starting at $179 per person
- Traditional and Premium Private Tours starting at $975 per reservation.
Your Cayuga Lake Wine Tour Itinerary
This tour is available in three different options:
Shared Tour: Small, guided experience for up to 6 guests (2-3 different households) with knowledgeable wine professional tour guide. This is the enhanced shared group experience for which we are known, now in an extra small format.
Traditional Private Tour: The high-quality experience you have come to expect in an E!FLX tour, now available as a private experience for 2-6 people. Comes with $20 of “Bottle Bucks” per person, that serves as cash towards wine purchases at all stops.
Premium Private Tour Upgrade: All the enhanced features of our traditional private tour (including “Bottle Bucks”) with upgraded premium tastings at each winery. Tastings will feature limited library and reserve wines not typically offered to the public. You can upgrade your Traditional Private Tour to a Premium Private Tour for an additional $50 per person.
Want to get even more out of your private tour? Premium Private Tours offer the option to have a certified sommelier serve as your tour guide for the ultimate experience!
Explore the west side of Cayuga Lake and some of its best wineries on this half-day tour. Learn what makes these wines so special and get a taste of the local cuisine with gourmet pairings.
We begin at Buttonwood Grove Winery with a private, behind-the-scenes tour of the wine-making process. After your tour, experience a tasting on their deck, featuring a select wine paired with local cheese.
Next up is Hosmer Winery, founded in the 1980s. The Hosmer Family is a pillar of quality grape growing in the Finger Lakes region. At Hosmer, you experience a delectable tasting that includes multiple pairings with cheese, pesto, and chocolate!
Our last winery of the day is Bet The Farm Winery where winemaker and founder, Nancy Tisch, along with her husband Kit Kalfs, create small-batch wine that represents the magic of the Finger Lakes region. Their well-balanced, thoughtful wines pair great with food and are also enjoyable on their own.
The tour culminates with a trip to the beautiful Taughannock Falls overlook. Standing at 215 feet high, it is the tallest waterfall in the Eastern U.S. and is sure to take your breath away.
*Please note that on occasions, our regularly scheduled partners on this itinerary are unavailable. In these cases, Sheldrake Point Winery or Shepherdess Cellars will be substituted into the itinerary as an alternate stop.
The following locations are available for pick up and drop off on our Shared Tours:
- La Tourelle Hotel & Spa, 1150 Danby Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850
- Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga St., Ithaca, NY 14850
- Trumansburg – To the right of the TFit, 61 West Main St, Trumansburg, NY
On private tours, we provide custom pick-up and drop-off at your preferred location (additional fees may apply).
Guest Minimum and Maximum on Shared Tours
All Shared Tours require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. These tours will typically consist of 2-3 separate parties joining together in a shared experience, offering exceptional value for couples and small groups.
In the event that the 5 guest minimum is not met, we will contact you one week prior to the scheduled date where you will be offered the following options depending on the number of guests currently booked:
- Take the tour at a semi-private rate when there are 4 guests who all agree to an additional $50 per guest to run the tour.
- Switch to our Experience! Ithaca Wine and Cider tour, which is a shorter, more compact tour specifically designed for 2-4 guests at an affordable lower rate.
- Switch to the Traditional Private Tour when there are only two guests who want to experience at the most personalized level.
- Reschedule the tour for a future date at no penalty
- Cancel the reservation and receive a full refund
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- All guests are required to verify they have read and understood our COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, sign an Assumption of Risk waiver and pass a Health and Safety Screening to ensure the safety to all on board.
- For more information about our Health and Safety Agreement and Screening, please CLICK HERE