Experience the hidden gems of the region first-hand on this full-day tour. Go off the beaten path of the Cayuga Wine Trail and discover the wonderful hand-crafted cuisine and wine of the east side of…
- Duration: 6 hours
- Tour Time: 11 AM – 5 PM
- All-inclusive, COVID-19 safe, wine tour experience for 2-6 guests
- Transportation provided in either our well-appointed 14-passenger high-roof Ford Transit or our 6-passenger Mercedes Metris, depending on group size and desired shared or private option
- Vineyard and winemaking tour at the first winery
- Private, fully-curated, enhanced, tasting experiences at each winery
- An experiential food pairing at each winery
- Locally-sourced lunch at a winery overlooking vineyards & Cayuga Lake
- Added services including water and snacks on board your vehicle
- Full COVID-19 safety protocol with social distancing, PPE, and sanitizing in place and observed throughout the tour.
- Shared Tours starting at $199 per person
- Traditional and Premium Private Tours starting at $1035 per reservation.
Experience! West Cayuga Lake Wine Tour with Lunch Options and Itinerary
This tour is available in three different options:
Shared Tour: Small, guided experience for up to 6 guests (2-3 different households) with knowledgeable wine professional tour guide. This is the enhanced shared group experience for which we are known, now in an extra small format.
Traditional Private Tour: The high-quality experience you have come to expect in an E!FLX tour, now available as a private experience for 2-6 people. Comes with $20 of “Bottle Bucks” per person, that serves as cash towards wine purchases at all stops.
Premium Private Tour Upgrade: All the enhanced features of our traditional private tour (including “Bottle Bucks”) with upgraded premium tastings at each winery. Tastings will feature limited library and reserve wines not typically offered to the public. You can upgrade your Traditional Private Tour to a Premium Private Tour for an additional $50 per person.
Want to get even more out of your private tour? Premium Private Tours offer the option to have a certified sommelier serve as your tour guide for the ultimate experience!
This full-day wine tour features the best that the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail has to offer – from stunning views to exquisite wines. Visit four iconic wineries, explore the vineyards, learn about the region, while enjoying delicious wines, featured pairings, and local-sourced food.
We begin at either Cayuga Ridge Estate Winery or Buttonwood Grove Winery with a private, behind-the-scenes tour of the vineyard and winemaking process. After your tour, experience a private outdoor tasting, featuring a curated wine list and selected local cheese pairing.
For lunch, you will enjoy a stop at the Finger Lakes Cider House for fresh local lunch options. For tours that start with Cayuga Ridge, you will also have a lunch selection from Cayuga Ridge following your tasting. On occasion, we may substitute with a picnic lunch from Ithaca Bakery.
Next up is Sheldrake Point Vineyard. Enjoy their beautiful lakefront vista while sampling an exclusive selection of wines, each paired with a local cheese. A highlight of the experience is a tasting of their traditionally-made and internationally-recognized Ice Wine, for the perfect sweet ending.
Our last stop is Bet the Farm Winery. Bet the Farm is a wonderful final stop with great views, amazing hospitality and fabulous wines. Owner and wine maker Nancy Tisch and her partner, husband and General Manager Kit Kalfs will greet you and wow you with their curated pairings.
The tour culminates with a trip to the beautiful Taughannock Falls overlook. Standing at 215 feet high, it is the tallest waterfall drop in the Eastern U.S. and is sure to take your breath away.
*Please note that on occasions, our regularly scheduled partners on this itinerary are unavailable.
The following locations are available for pick up and drop off on our Shared Tours:
- La Tourelle Hotel & Spa, 1150 Danby Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850
- Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga St., Ithaca, NY 14850
- Trumansburg – To the right of the TFit, 61 West Main St, Trumansburg, NY
On private tours we provide custom pick-up and drop-off at your preferred location (additional fees may apply).
Guest Minimum and Maximum on Shared Tours
All Shared Tours require a minimum of 4 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. These tours will typically consist of 2-3 separate parties joining together in a shared experience, offering exceptional value for couples and small groups.
In the event that the 4 guest minimum is not met, we will contact you one week prior to the scheduled date where you will be offered the following options depending on the number of guests currently booked:
- Upgrade to the Private Tour when you want to experience our tour at the most personalized level.
- Switch to our shorter Cider, Wine and Waterfalls tour, at no additional cost.
- Reschedule the tour for a future date at no penalty
- Cancel the reservation and receive a full refund
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- All guests are required to verify they have read and understood our COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, sign an Assumption of Risk waiver and pass a Health and Safety Screening to ensure the safety to all on board.
- For more information about our Health and Safety Agreement and Screening, please CLICK HERE