Veer off the path of the Cayuga Wine Trail and discover little treasures along the way. Experience first-hand the wonderful hand-crafted wines of the east side of Cayuga on this half-day tour.
- Duration: 7.5 hours
- Tour Time: 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Tasting fees
- Added services
- Special food pairings
Your East Cayuga Tour & Lunch Itinerary
This full-day tour takes you to four of the best spots on the east side of Cayuga Lake, including wine tastings paired with local cheeses and chocolates and a three-course lunch at a picturesque inn.
For the first stop of the tour, head right to Bright Leaf Vineyards, where you get a vineyard tour given by the vineyard manager, followed by a private tasting where you will experience their artisan-crafted wines thoughtfully paired with locally-made chocolates.
The second stop is a locally sourced and seasonally inspired three-course lunch at the Aurora Inn dining room in the picturesque village of Aurora, overlooking beautiful Cayuga Lake. To get an idea of what you expect for lunch, see the Aurora Inn Example Brunch/Lunch Menu.
Our third stop of the day is Long Point Winery, where you are treated to a truly intimate wine tasting experience. Owner and winemaker, Gary Barletta, will share his love with Zinfandel, as you taste four different styles of wine created from this one grape varietal. This full-bodied red is perfect with chocolate, so we’ll have some with us for you to experience. Afterward, in the tasting room, experience a variety of Long Point finished wines, from crisp or fruity whites to rich, full-bodied reds.
Next, head to Treleaven Wines. Upon arrival, you are treated to a private tour of the winemaking process. A wine tasting follows, where the fabulous Treleaven wines are paired with local cheese. It doesn’t get much better than this in the Finger Lakes!
Don’t miss this unique opportunity for an intimate exploration of the local bounty along East Cayuga!
- All tours are public tours and require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. Alternate pricing and touring options are available for tours that do not meet this minimum.
- If you are a group of 8 or more, we can host you on this tour as part of our Private Tour Bundle Package. Please visit our Private Wine Tours page to view more information!
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- La Tourelle Hotel and Spa, 1150 Danby Road, Ithaca NY
- The Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga Street Ithaca NY
- Courtyard Inn by Marriott, 29 Thornwood Dr., Ithaca NY