Experience the hidden gems of the region first-hand on this full-day tour. Go off the beaten path of the Cayuga Wine Trail and discover the wonderful hand-crafted cuisine and wine of the east side of…
- Duration: 8 hours
- Tour Time: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- All-inclusive, COVID-19 safe, wine tour experience for 2-6 guests
- Land transportation provided in our well-appointed 14-passenger high-roof Ford Transit
- Lake transportation in a luxurious 29-foot Chaparral yacht with an enclosed cabin
- Experienced wine professional tour guide providing in-depth narration throughout the wine tour
- Professional licensed captain/tour guide providing a safe and enjoyable narrated tour of beautiful Cayuga Lake
- Private, fully-curated, enhanced, tasting experiences at each winery
- An experiential food pairing at each winery
- Locally-sourced lunch at a winery overlooking vineyards & Cayuga Lake
- Added services including water and snacks onboard your vehicle
- Full COVID-19 safety protocol with social distancing, PPE, and sanitizing in place and observed throughout the tour.
- Flat rate of $1599
Lake and Land|Boat and Van Wine Tours Itinerary
This tour is available in two different options:
East Cayuga: Explores the cuisine and wine of the east side of Cayuga Lake, with intimate barrel room tastings and vineyard tour.
West Cayuga: Explores the cuisine and wine of the west side of Cayuga, complete with a vineyard tour, and exploration of the rich history and wine varieties of the Finger Lakes region.
Both tours begin with a narrated boat tour along beautiful Cayuga Lake with School’s Out Charters. The boat will then dock where our passenger van will be waiting to take you to the first winery of the day.
East Side Itinerary:
For our firsts winery, we head to Long Point Winery, where you are treated to a truly intimate wine tasting experience. Owner and winemaker, Gary Barletta, will share his love of Zinfandel, as you taste four different styles of wine created from this one grape varietal. Afterward, experience a variety of Long Point finished wines, from crisp or fruity whites to rich, full-bodied reds. We will pair some cheese with Cabernet Sauvignon to experience the impact of natural matching flavors.
Next, head to Treleaven Wines. Upon arrival, you will enjoy an outdoor lunch featuring comfort food with a twist creation of chef Cookie Wheeler. A private wine tasting follows, where the fabulous Treleaven wines will be presented with selections to match your palate. A special dessert pairing will be featured.
Our final stop is Bright Leaf Vineyards, where you get a vineyard tour given by the grower, followed by a private tasting where you will experience their artisan-crafted wines thoughtfully paired with locally-made chocolates. It doesn’t get much better than this in the Finger Lakes!
On the way back to the boat dock we will stop at Salmon Creek Falls, a beautiful waterfall with cave carved out from the shale over thousands of years.
West Side Itinerary:
Your wine tour begins at Cayuga Ridge Estate Winery or Buttonwood Grove Vineyards with a private, behind-the-scenes tour of the vineyard and winemaking process. After your tour, experience a private outdoor tasting, featuring a curated wine list and selected local cheese pairing.
For lunch, you will head to Thirsty Owl Wine Company, where you will have an outdoor lunch with stunning lake views. To view an example of your lunch options, visit Thirsty Owl Wine Company Lunch Menu.
Next up is Hosmer Winery. Founded in the 1980s, this winery has been a mainstay of quality grape growing in the Finger Lakes region. Here you will experience a specially-designed wine tasting that includes food pairings featuring local cheese, pesto, and chocolate!
Our last winery of the day is Sheldrake Point Vineyard. Enjoy their beautiful lakefront vista while sampling an exclusive selection of wines, each paired with a local cheese. A highlight of the experience is a tasting of their traditionally-made and internationally-recognized Ice Wine, for the perfect sweet ending.
Before heading back to the Boat Dock at Taughannock Falls State Park, we will head up to the beautiful Taughannock Falls overlook. Standing at 215 feet high, it is the tallest waterfall drop in the Eastern U.S. and is sure to take your breath away.
- Once we receive your booking, we will assign the side of the lake for your wine tour based on partner availability. We will provide an exact time and address for your pick up and drop off locations accordingly.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Children are not allowed on this tour. For more family-friendly options, check out our Boat Tours and Waterfall Tours
- All guests are required to verify they have read and understood our COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, sign an Assumption of Risk waiver and pass a Health and Safety Screening to ensure the safety to all on board.
- For more information about our Health and Safety Agreement and Screening, please CLICK HERE