Enjoy the sights and tastes of the west side of Cayuga Lake on this half-day guided tour. Visit three highly respected wineries and enjoy expert wine pairings against the backdrop of our beautiful region.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Tour Time: 12:30 p.m – 4:30 p.m.
- Tour Availability:
- For other days of the week, call us at 607-233-4818.
- Tasting fees
- Added services
- Special food pairings
Your Winter, Wines and Waterfalls Tour Itinerary
Discover the array of libations Cayuga Lake has to offer with this half-day tour and tasting of the best wines, ciders, and beers in the region. Enjoy exclusive pairings, learn about how these delicious drinks are made, and experience beautiful views.
Your tour begins with a visit to the boutique Bet the Farm Winery. Nancy Tisch and her husband Kit Kalfs have been making wine in the Finger lakes since 2006, but just recently moved to the west side of Cayuga Lake. At their Big Blue winery, guests will be treated to a winery tour and tank sampling where you will learn about the art and science behind winemaking. In the tasting room, you will discover Nancy’s passion for producing wines from lesser known varietals like Traminette, Gamay and Dornfelder while pairing while they treat you to a tasting paired with locally sourced cheeses.
Next, head to Shepherdess Cellars, which was as launched in 2014 by Mark and Samantha Radloff with the mission to make great wine that represents the magic of the Finger Lakes region. Their well-balanced, thoughtful wines pair great with food and are also enjoyable on their own.
The tour culminates with a trip to the beautiful Taughannock Falls overlook. Standing at 215 feet high, it is the tallest waterfall in the Eastern U.S. and is sure to take your breath away.
- All tours are public tours and require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. Alternate pricing and touring options are available for tours that do not meet this minimum.
- If you are a group of 8 or more, we can host you on this tour as part of our Private Tour Bundle Package. Please visit our Private Wine Tours page to view more information!
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- La Tourelle Hotel & Spa, 1150 Danby Rd., Ithaca NY
- The Hotel Ithaca, 222 South Cayuga St, Ithaca NY