Enjoy the sights and tastes of the west side of Cayuga Lake on this half-day guided tour. Visit three highly respected wineries and enjoy expert wine pairings against the backdrop of our beautiful region.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Tour Time: 12:30 p.m – 4:30 p.m.
- Tour Availability:
- For other days of the week, call us at 607-233-4818.
- Tasting fees
- Added services
- Special food pairings
Your Winter, Wines and Waterfalls Tour Itinerary
Discover the beauty and serenity of Cayuga Lake in the off-season as we get a back-scenes look at two craft wineries followed by a view of the majestic Taughannock Falls.
Your tour begins with a visit to the boutique Bet the Farm Winery. Nancy Tisch and her husband Kit Kalfs have been making wine in the Finger lakes since 2006, but just recently moved to the west side of Cayuga Lake where they have planted their own vineyards. At their Big Blue winery, guests will be treated to a private tank sampling where you will taste wines right out of the tanks and barrels as you learn about the art and science behind winemaking. In the tasting room, you will discover Nancy’s passion for producing wines from lesser known varietals like Traminette, Gamay and Dornfelder. The tasting will feature a carefully-selected wine and cheese pairing designed to show off the food-friendly nature of their wines.
Next, head to Shepherdess Cellars, which was as launched in 2014 by Mark Radloff with the mission to make great wine that represents the magic of the Finger Lakes region. Their well-balanced, thoughtful wines from Chardonnay, to Gewurtztraminer to Cabernet Franc pair great with food and are also delightful on their own.
The tour culminates with a trip to the beautiful Taughannock Falls overlook. Standing at 215 feet high, it is the tallest waterfall drop in the Eastern U.S. and is sure to take your breath away.
- All tours are public tours and require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. Alternate pricing and touring options are available for tours that do not meet this minimum.
- If you are a group of 8 or more, we can host you on this tour as part of our Private Tour Bundle Package. Please visit our Private Wine Tours page to view more information!
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- La Tourelle Hotel & Spa, 1150 Danby Rd., Ithaca NY
- The Hotel Ithaca, 222 South Cayuga St, Ithaca NY