Enjoy a narrated driving tour that features majestic waterfall views and colorful tales of the town’s history, culminating in a visit to Ithaca Falls.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Tour Time: 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- All-inclusive, COVID-19 safe, wine tour experience for 2-6 guests
- Transportation provided in either our well-appointed 14-passenger high-roof Ford Transit or our 6-passenger Mercedes Metris, depending on group size and desired shared or private option
- Tour followed by tasting with the winemaker at the first winery
- Vineyard tour and tasting at the 2nd winery.
- Private, fully-curated, enhanced, tasting experiences at each winery
- An experiential food pairing at each winery
- Added services including water and snacks on board your vehicle
- Full COVID-19 safety protocol with social distancing, PPE, and sanitizing in place and observed throughout the tour.
- Shared Tours starting at $139 per person
- Traditional and Premium Private Tours starting at $715 per reservation
Ithaca, Wines, and Waterfalls Itinerary
This tour is available in three different options:
Shared Tour: Small, guided experience for up to 6 guests (2-3 different households) with knowledgeable wine professional tour guide. This is the enhanced shared group experience for which we are known, now in an extra small format.
Traditional Private Tour: The high-quality experience you have come to expect in an E!FLX tour, now available as a private experience for 2-6 people
Premium Private Tour Upgrade: All the enhanced features of our traditional private tour along with premium tastings at each winery. Tastings will feature limited library and reserve wines not typically offered to the public. You can upgrade your Traditional Private Tour to a Premium Private Tour for an additional $50 per person.
Want to get even more out of your private tour? Premium Private Tours offer the option to have a certified sommelier serve as your tour guide for the ultimate experience!
This tour features three stops around Ithaca – two are home to producers of hand-crafted, boutique-style wines, and one shows off our favorite Ithaca waterfall.
We first stop at Ports of New York, where Frédéric Bouché continues the tradition of winemaking that his father started in Normandy, France. Learn how Frédéric makes his elegant white and red wines and ports, share in an intimate tasting paired with selected items, and explore his family’s history of winemaking in France through his personal museum collection.
Our next stop is Black Diamond Farm, home of Black Diamond Cider. The farm has been producing high-quality heirloom, modern and European cider apple varieties for over two decades. Although we only began producing hard cider commercially in 2014, cider making has been a passion of owners, Jackie and Ian, for more than 30 years. When we arrive, Ian, or one of the family, will take you on a tour of their farm and share with you the process of quality cider making. Afterward, enjoy a tasting of their cider. As a special treat, enjoy some local cheese paired with one of the ciders.
Last, head to Bet The Farm Winery where winemaker and founder, Nancy Tisch, along with her husband Kit Kalfs, create small-batch wine that represents the magic of the Finger Lakes region. Their well-balanced, thoughtful wines pair great with food and are also enjoyable on their own.
Join us on this tour and get a taste of how good it gets in Ithaca!
The following locations are available for pick up and drop off on our Shared Tours:
- La Tourelle Hotel and Spa, 1150 Danby Road, Ithaca NY
- The Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga Street, Ithaca NY
On private tours, we provide custom pick-up and drop-off at your preferred location (additional fees may apply).
Guest Minimum and Maximum on Shared Tours
All Shared Tours require a minimum of 4 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. These tours will typically consist of 2-3 separate parties joining together in a shared experience, offering exceptional value for couples and small groups.
In the event that the 4 guest minimum is not met, we will contact you one week prior to the scheduled date where you will be offered the following options depending on the number of guests currently booked:
- Take the tour at a semi-private rate when there are three guests who all agree to an additional $35 per guest to run the tour.
- Switch to the Traditional Private Tour when there are only two guests who want to experience at the most personalized level.
- Reschedule the tour for a future date at no penalty
- Cancel the reservation and receive a full refund
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- All guests are required to verify they have read and understood our COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, sign an Assumption of Risk waiver and pass a Health and Safety Screening to ensure the safety to all on board.
- For more information about our Health and Safety Agreement and Screening, please CLICK HERE