Keuka Lake…where winemaking first began in the region over 150 years ago. It is the birthplace of the Finger Lakes wine industry and the home of wine innovation ever since.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Tour Time: 10 am – 6 pm
- All-inclusive, COVID-19 safe, wine tour experience for 2-6 guests
- Transportation provided in either our well-appointed 14-passenger high-roof Ford Transit or our 6-passenger Mercedes Metris, depending on group size and desired shared or private option
- Barrel-room vertical tasting with winemaker at the first winery
- Vineyard tour with grower at the third winery
- Private, fully-curated, enhanced, tasting experiences at each winery
- An experiential food pairing at each winery
- Locally-sourced outdoor lunch at a winery
- Added services including water and snacks on board your vehicle
- Full COVID-19 safety protocol with social distancing, PPE, and sanitizing in place and observed throughout the tour.
- Traditional and Premium Private Tours starting at $1035 per reservation
- Private Tours Only starting at For Parties of 2 -6 guests
Wine Traditions and Innovations on Keuka with Lunch Itinerary
This tour is available in two different options:
Traditional Private Tour: The high-quality experience you have come to expect in an E!FLX tour, now available as a private experience for 2-6 people. Comes with $20 of “Bottle Bucks” per person, that serves as cash towards wine purchases at all stops.
Premium Private Tour Upgrade: All the enhanced features of our traditional private tour (including “Bottle Bucks”) with upgraded premium tastings at each winery. Tastings will feature limited library and reserve wines not typically offered to the public. You can upgrade your Traditional Private Tour to a Premium Private Tour for an additional $50 per person.
Want to get even more out of your private tour? Private Tours offer the option to have a certified sommelier serve as your tour guide for the ultimate experience!
The marriage of tradition and innovation – original alongside the new – is what has always defined Keuka Lake. Join us on this tour as we unfold the history of Finger Lakes winemaking, taste the present state of a diversity of fine wines being produced along Keuka lake, and get a peek into what’s in store for the region as it re-emerges as an international winemaking destination. This tour is like no other: four wineries representing a lineage of four different countries share their culture and history with each sip of the glass.
The tour begins at Dr. Konstantin Frank’s Wine Cellars, the igniter of the Vinifera wine revolution in the Finger Lakes. Enjoy a wine tasting in their 1962 Reserve Tasting room and experience some of the very best wines in the Dr. Konstantin Frank portfolio. As you taste the wine, your server shares stories that unfold half a century and four generations of winemaking in the Frank family.
The next stop is Heron Hill Winery where John and Jo Ingle have been producing quality Rieslings, Cabernets and other Finger Lakes varietals since 1977. Enjoy a private tasting followed by lunch in the Blue Heron Cafe featuring locally grown ingredients. View an example lunch menu here: Blue Heron Cafe Example Lunch Menu.
After lunch, we make our way to the east side of the lake to experience the progeny of European wine-making heritage and Finger Lakes training that are establishing their own vision for quality winemaking in the region.
At Weis Vineyards, Peter Weis, originally from Mosel, Germany creates wines in the Finger Lakes that are inspired by the similar climate and minerality of his native land. With either Peter, or his wife Ashlee, experience wines of distinctive character such as their Grüner Veltliner, Gewürtztraminer, and the house specialty, Heart of the Lake, in their converted tasting room barn.
This tour is currently only available as a private tour. On all private tours we provide custom pick-up and drop-off at your preferred location (additional fees may apply).
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- All guests are required to verify they have read and understood our COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, sign an Assumption of Risk waiver and pass a Health and Safety Screening to ensure the safety to all on board.
- For more information about our Health and Safety Agreement and Screening, please CLICK HERE