Keuka Lake…where winemaking first began in the region over 150 years ago. It is the birthplace of the Finger Lakes wine industry and the home of wine innovation ever since.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Tour Time: 10am – 6pm
- Tasting fees & food pairings
- Tour at Chateau Frank
Wine Traditions and Innovations on Keuka with Lunch Itinerary
The marriage of tradition and innovation – original alongside the new – is what has always defined Keuka Lake. Join us on this tour as we unfold the history of Finger Lakes winemaking, taste the present state of a diversity of fine wines being produced along Keuka lake, and get a peek into what’s in store for the region as it re-emerges as an international winemaking destination. This tour is like no other: four wineries representing a lineage of four different countries share their culture and history with each sip of the glass.
The tour begins at Dr. Konstantin Frank’s Wine Cellars, the igniter of the Vinifera wine revolution in the Finger Lakes. Enjoy a wine tasting in their 1962 Reserve Tasting room and experience some of the very best wines in the Dr. Konstantin Frank portfolio. As you taste the wine, your server shares stories that unfold half a century and four generations of winemaking in the Frank family.
The next stop is Heron Hill Winery where John and Jo Ingle have been producing quality Rieslings, Cabernets and other Finger Lakes varietals since 1977. Enjoy a private tasting followed by lunch in the Blue Heron Cafe featuring locally grown ingredients. View an example lunch menu here: Blue Heron Cafe Example Lunch Menu.
After lunch, we make our way to the east side of the lake to experience the progeny of European winemaking heritage and Finger Lakes training that are establishing their own vision for quality winemaking in the region.
At Keuka Lake Vineyards, guests will be treated to a private tasting on their scenic deck where they will experience some of the unique wines that have put KLV on the map, such as Leon Millot which we pair with artisanal chocolate.
Next door at Weis Vineyards, Peter Weis, originally from Mosel, Germany creates wines in the Finger Lakes that are inspired by the similar climate and minerality of his native land. With either Peter, or his wife Ashlee, experience wines of distinctive character such as their Grüner Veltliner, Gewürtztraminer, and the house specialty, Heart of the Lake, in their converted tasting room barn.
- All tours are public tours and require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. Alternate pricing and touring options are available for tours that do not meet this minimum.
- If you are a group of 8 or more, we can host you on this tour as part of our Private Tour Bundle Package. Please visit our Private Wine Tours page to view more information!
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Radisson Hotel Corning, 125 Denison Parkway East, Corning, NY 14830
- Hilton Garden Inn Corning Downtown, 23 Riverside Drive, Corning, NY, 14830
Watkins Glen, NY
- Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, 16 North Franklin St., Watkins Glen NY 14891