On this seven-hour tour, we will visit a distillery, a winery, and a brewery, all of which focus on high-quality craftsmanship to make the best of each of their genres.
- Duration: 6 hours
- Tour Time: 10:30am – 4:30pm
- Tasting fees & food pairings
- Locally-sourced lunch
- Water & snacks onboard
Off the Beaten Trail Tour on East Seneca Lake Itinerary
Saturday, December 7th
At our first stop, Silver Thread Vineyards welcomes you, glasses in hand. Owners Paul and Shannon Brock take you into the vineyard and down to the winery, and share with you the process of making superb wines. Back in the tasting room, explore a flight of their award-winning wines including Riesling, Pinot Noir, and their very popular Blackbird paired with local cheese.
Next, we head to Red Newt Wine Cellars for a private custom tasting of their world-class wines, followed by lunch in their bistro, featuring locally-sourced gourmet grilled cheese, salad, and made-from-scratch soups. View a sample of the menu: Red Newt Winery & Bistro Sample Lunch Menu.
Our last stop brings us to one of the hippest wineries on Seneca Lake: Barry Family Cellars. Founded in 2011 and opening its tasting room in 2016, Barry specializes in small-batch vinifera wines and is reflective of the new natural wines style of minimal manipulation to showcase place and vintage. We have some special pairings lined up for you to go with these eccentric wines.
Saturday, December 14th
Our last stop brings us to Flatt Rock Cellars, a recent addition on Seneca Lake. Guests will be greeted by owner David Flatt and then move on to the winery and a tour of the barrel room. David then guides your tasting while you hear about the wine-making process. A locally-made chocolate is paired with a special single varietal red wine.
- This is a public tour requiring a minimum of 5 guests to run at the listed price.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- La Tourelle Hotel and Spa, 1150 Danby Road, Ithaca NY
- The Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga Street, Ithaca NY
- Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, 16 North Franklin St, Watkins Glen NY