The western shores of Seneca Lake are home to some of the most beautifully crafted wines in the Finger Lakes. Learn about the people behind the wine, their authenticity, and their passion.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Tour Dates: 2019 public tour dates will be announced March 2019
- Tour also available for groups of 5+ guests Sunday-Friday upon request
- Tour Time: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Tasting fees
- Added services
- Special food pairings
Northwest Seneca: Fine Wines Itinerary
We start our day at Anthony Road Wine Company. John and Ann Martini moved to Anthony Road in 1973 “at the urging of a friend that touted the joys of grape growing in the Finger Lakes.” Over 40 years later, the second generation has fully committed themselves to the continuation of the quality foundation laid by their parents. Meet members of this winemaking family, visit their on-premise garden, and taste their stellar wines created by winemaker Peter Becraft, paired with specially-crafted, farm-sourced food selections.
Next, we head over to Bellangelo on North Seneca to enjoy an alfresco casual lunch out on their deck with a stunning view of Seneca Lake. Each guest chooses from the selection of Bellangelo’s finely crafted wines to enjoy with the picnic fare provided by The Belhurst dining team. The lunch will be prepared by the Belhurst Castle, and guests will place their order when they book the tour. You can view the menu here: Belhurst Castle Lunch Menu.
After lunch, we make our way to Billsboro Winery for a memorable tasting experience. Enjoy a private tasting in the wine library, featuring the beautifully distinctive wines of winemaker and owner Vinny Aliperti. We showcase two of his wines paired with CaryMo Chocolates. You may even have your tasting hosted by the chocolatier Cary Becraft who pours at Billsboro when she’s not busy making her amazing chocolates!
Our final stop of the day is Fox Run Vineyards. Just as with the other stops on this tour, the wines of Fox Run Vineyards are recognized as some of the finest in the region. Owners Ruth and Scott Osborn recognized the talent and skill of winemaker Peter Bell 22 years ago. Since then, Peter has not only solidified the reputation of Fox Run for fine winemaking but has raised the bar for the entire region with his consulting skills and collaborative nature. During the tasting, we will explore a carefully curated selection of Fox Run wines that demonstrates Peter’s quest for optimal expression, innovation, and collaboration.
- All tours are public tours and require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. Alternate pricing and touring options are available for tours that do not meet this minimum.
- If you are a group of 8 or more, we can host you on this tour as part of our Private Tour Bundle Package. Please visit our Private Wine Tours page to view more information!
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, 16 N Franklin St, Watkins Glen, NY 14891
- Geneva on the Lake, 1001 Lochland Rd (Rte 14), Geneva NY 14456
- Belhurst Castle, 4069 Westlake Rd., Geneva NY 14456
- Ithaca pick-up available upon request