Join us on this special full-day tour to discover top wine producers along the northwestern shores of Seneca Lake, explore their commitment to the wine-making process, and taste the end results.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Tour Time: 10 am – 6 pm
- Public guided experience with knowledgeable wine professional tour guides
- Transportation with pick up available at predetermined locations in Ithaca, NY and Lansing, NY
- Tasting fees
- Added services including water and snacks on board your vehicle
- Experiential food pairing
- Locally sourced lunch
- Price: $165 per person (plus tax and optional gratuity for your guide/driver)
Fine Wines of Southwest Seneca Itinerary and Options
This tour is available as either an elevated public tour (standard or XS options) or as an elevated private tour (8+ guest standard private tour option or premium private tour option for up to 6 guests)
Standard Public Tour (maximum 14 guests)
Our first stop is Lakewood Vineyards, 2017 NYS Winery of the Year, where the Stamp family has been growing grapes and making wine on their land since 1951. When you arrive, one of the family members leads a vineyard and winery tour, followed by a private tasting of a carefully-selected broad variety of their award-winning wines. The tasting culminates with a sampling of their ruby port paired with locally-made handcrafted chocolate.
Next is lunch ― get ready to see wieners and burgers in a new light. The FLX Wienery is the special eatery project of couple Christopher Bates and Isabel Bogadtke. Christopher is a Master Sommelier and Isabel was awarded Best Service in the World by Mobil Travel Guide. Today, their collaborative energies go into creating wienery and burger “art,” bringing together flavors and textures from locally-sourced ingredients. From their house-made sausages and freshly-ground burgers to their hand-cut fries and chips, sink your teeth into treats from what has been called “arguably the best hot dog stand in the world.” Lunch is paired with selected craft beers from around the globe. To view a sample of the menu, click on the following link: FLX Wienery Example Lunch Menu.
After lunch, we make our way to Barnstormer Winery, a newer winery in Southwest Seneca that has already made its mark on the region with its small production, high-quality wines. Enjoy a private tasting in the 170-year-old restored barn, featuring refreshing sparkling and white wines, highly crafted reds and an experiential local cheese pairing.
Our final stop of the day is Villa Bellangelo. Your visit starts with some bubbly as you head down to the wine cellar to learn about sparkling winemaking, and then whip up your own tank-blended cuvee in your glass! Then head to a private room for your tasting of selected reserve wines, innovative wines from their Bench Series and a finale of their award-winning late harvest wine paired with a locally-made treat!
Please note, weekday and weekend tours may have different itinerary times but the wineries and lunch destination will remain the same.
- La Tourelle Hotel & Spa, 1150 Danby Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850
- Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga St., Ithaca, NY 14850
Watkins Glen, NY
- Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, 16 North Franklin St., Watkins Glen NY 14891
- All our public tours require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. Alternate pricing and options are available for tours that do not meet this minimum.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- An XS (extra small) public tour option for 5-6 guests is available for this tour, providing all the enhanced features of our standard public tour, but in a 6-passenger Mercedes Metris van for an even more personalized and intimate touring experience.
If you are interested in a private tour experience, we offer Standard Private or Premium Private Tours. Please visit our Private Wine Tour Page for more details, or to start planning for your Private Tour with Experience! The Finger Lakes, simply complete our Private Tour Request Form.