On this tour, you explore the wineries of the southeast shore of Seneca Lake – a region known as the “Banana Belt,” due to its extraordinary microclimate. Taste vinifera wines paired with gourmet favorites.
- Duration: 7 hours
- Tour Time: 10 am – 5 pm
- Tasting fees
- Added services
- Special food pairings
Seneca Lake Wine Tour
This tour gives guests the opportunity to experience some of the best wine in Upstate New York. At each winery, guests taste multiple vintages and sites of different varietals, discovering firsthand the effects of seasonal variation, age, and terroir in each glass.
At our first stop, Silver Thread Vineyards welcomes you, glasses in hand. Owners Paul and Shannon Brock take you into the vineyard and down to the winery, and share with you the process of making superb wines. Back in the tasting room, explore a flight of their award-winning wines including Riesling, Pinot Noir, and their very popular Blackbird paired with local cheese.
**Please note that, depending availability, Standing Stone Vineyards may be substituted for the first stop on the tour**
Next, we head to Red Newt Wine Cellars for a private custom tasting of their world-class wines, followed by lunch in their bistro, featuring locally-sourced gourmet grilled cheese, salad, and made-from-scratch soups. View a sample of the menu: Red Newt Winery & Bistro Sample Lunch Menu.
At our next stop, enjoy a special wine tasting at Damiani Wine Cellars. Your tasting will be paired with Damiani’s own locally-made, hand-crafted chocolate, specifically designed to match Damiani’s amazing wines.
Our last stop brings us to one of the hippest wineries on Seneca Lake: Barry Family Cellars. Founded in 2011 and opening its tasting room in 2016, Barry specializes in small-batch vinifera wines, and is reflective of the new natural wines style of minimal manipulation to showcase place and vintage. We have some special pairings lined up for you to go with these eccentric wines.
- All tours are public tours and require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. Alternate pricing and touring options are available for tours that do not meet this minimum.
- If you are a group of 8 or more, we can host you on this tour as part of our Private Tour Bundle Package. Please visit our Private Wine Tours page to view more information!
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Radisson Hotel Corning, 125 Denison Parkway East, Corning, NY 14830
- Hilton Garden Inn Corning Downtown, 23 Riverside Drive, Corning, NY, 14830
Watkins Glen, NY
- Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, 16 North Franklin St., Watkins Glen NY 14891