On this tour, you explore the wineries of the southeast shore of Seneca Lake – a region known as the “Banana Belt,” due to its extraordinary microclimate. Taste vinifera wines paired with gourmet favorites.
- Duration: 6.5 hours
- Tour Time: 10 am – 4:30 pm
- Public guided experience with knowledgeable wine professional tour guides
- Transportation with pick up available at predetermined locations in Ithaca, NY and Watkins Glen, NY
- Tasting fees
- Added services including water and snacks on board your vehicle
- Experiential food pairing
- Locally sourced lunch
Vine, Wine, and Dine on Seneca Lake Itinerary and Options
This tour is available as either an elevated public tour (standard or XS options) or as an elevated private tour (8+ guest standard private tour option or premium private tour option for up to 6 guests)
Standard Public Tour (maximum 14 guests)
This tour gives guests the opportunity to experience some of the best wine in Upstate New York. At each winery, guests taste multiple vintages and varietals from different sites, discovering firsthand the effects of seasonal variation, age, and terroir in each glass.
At our first stop, Silver Thread Vineyards welcomes you, glasses in hand. Owners Paul and Shannon Brock take you into the vineyard and down to the winery, and share with you the process of making superb wines. Afterwards you will head to their VIP wine cellar tasting room, and explore a flight of their award-winning wines including Rieslings, Gewurztraminers, and their very popular Blackbird paired with local cheese.
**Occasionally, depending availability, Standing Stone Vineyards may be substituted for the first stop on the tour**
Next, we head to Red Newt Wine Cellars, for a wine-paired lunch custom-designed just for Experience! The Finger Lakes groups. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to sample additional tastes of their highly regarded wines. View a sample of the menu: Red Newt Winery & Bistro Sample Lunch Menu.
At our last stop, enjoy a special wine tasting at Damiani Wine Cellars. Damiani is known for consistently having some of the best red wines in the region. Your tasting will be paired with locally-made, hand-crafted chocolate, carefully curated to match Damiani’s award-winning red and white varietal wines.
- La Tourelle Hotel & Spa, 1150 Danby Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850
- Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga St., Ithaca, NY 14850
Watkins Glen, NY
- Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, 16 North Franklin St., Watkins Glen NY 14891
- All our public tours require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. Alternate pricing and options are available for tours that do not meet this minimum.
- An XS (extra small) public tour option for 5-6 guests is available for this tour, providing all the enhanced features of our standard public tour, but in a 6-passenger Mercedes Metris van for an even more personalized and intimate touring experience.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
If you are interested in a private tour experience, we offer Standard Private or Premium Private Tours. Please visit our Private Wine Tour Page for more details, or to start planning for your Private Tour with Experience! The Finger Lakes, simply complete our Private Tour Request Form.