Taste a wonderful array of wine and learn about the history of the Finger Lakes on this wine tour with lunch. Satisfy your palate and curiosity as you explore the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail.
EAST CAYUGA Owner Experience Wine Tour with Lunch
Exclusive Wine Tour with VIP Experiences not available anywhere else in the Finger Lakes region
- Adult Ages 21+
An East Cayuga Lake wine tour with In-depth, Owner Experiences, Exclusive tastings, and Lunch
This tour is available in three different options:
Shared Tour: Small, guided experience for up to 6 guests (2-3 different households) with knowledgeable wine professional tour guide. This is the enhanced shared group experience for which we are known, now in an extra small format.
Traditional Private Tour: The high-quality experience you have come to expect in an E!FLX tour, now available as a private experience for 2-6 people. Comes with $20 of “Bottle Bucks” per person, that serves as cash towards wine purchases at all stops.
Want to get even more out of your private tour? Private Tours offer the option to have a certified sommelier serve as your tour guide for the ultimate experience!
This is an immersive full-day wine tour for people who are looking for a truly behind-the-scenes personalized experience unlike anything else available in the Finger Lakes. We take you to two family-owned wineries on the east side of Cayuga Lake, where you will receive owner-guided experiences, private, curated wine tastings paired with local cheese and chocolate. This tour includes lunch at a historic restaurant in the village of Aurora.
Our first stop of the day is Quarry Ridge Winery Owners and Father/Son Team Gary and Andrew Cuthbert will personally host you at this stunning winery with breathtaking views. Gary will take you on a custom and personal tour, where the story of Quarry Ridge’s beginnings unfold. Discover the care and passion that went into every detail of this new winery, from the planting of the vineyards and the building of the production area. Learn about winemaking as you explore the wine lab, tank and barrel rooms. Afterwards, you will be lead to a reserved tasting area overlooking Cayuga Lake, where will receive a private tasting hosted by owner/winemaker Andrew, as he guides you through his stunningly elegant wines. These are small-quantity, artisan wines crafted by science, art and the passion of this winemaker. Each glass represents his vision of showcasing the essence of what is possible when creating fine wine in the Finger Lakes region.
After your tasting, we will head into the village of Aurora, where we will enjoy lunch at the Fargo Grill, whose history dates back to 1834, and whose building is connected to E.B Morgan, Finger Lakes native, and founder of American Express.
After lunch, we make our way to Long Point Winery, where you are treated to another truly intimate wine tasting experience. Owner and winemaker, Gary Barletta, will host you in his wine cellar as he talks about his winemaking process. He will share his special love of Zinfandel, as you taste four different styles of wine created from this one grape varietal. This full-bodied red is perfect with chocolate, so we’ll have some with us for you to experience. Afterward, experience a second tasting where you will be able to select from Long Point’s fabulous wines, from crisp or fruity whites to rich, full-bodied reds.
On the way home, your guide will make a special waterfall stop to take in the “gorgeous” scenery.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity for an exclusive and intimate bud to bottle look at the passion that drives the winemaking on Cayuga’s east side!
- All-inclusive, COVID-19 safe, wine tour experience for 2-6 guests
- Transportation provided in either our well-appointed 14-passenger high-roof Ford Transit or our 6-passenger Mercedes Metris, depending on group size and desired shared or private option
- Vineyard and production tour with the owner at the first winery
- Barrel-room horizontal Zinfandel tasting with owner/winemaker at the second winery
- Private, fully-curated, enhanced, and expanded tasting experiences hosted by the owners at each winery
- An experiential food pairing at each winery
- Lunch at a historic restaurant in the village of Aurora.
- Added services including water and snacks on board your vehicle
The following locations are available for pick up and drop off on our Shared Tours:
- 10:00 AM @ La Tourelle Hotel and Spa, 1150 Danby Road, Ithaca NY
- 10:15 AM @ The Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga Street Ithaca NY
- 10:30 AM @ Courtyard Inn by Marriott, 29 Thornwood Dr., Ithaca NY
On private tours, we provide custom pick-up and drop-off at your preferred location (additional fees may apply).
Guest Minimum and Maximum on Shared Tours
All Shared Tours require a minimum of 4 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. These tours will typically consist of 2-3 separate parties joining together in a shared experience, offering exceptional value for couples and small groups.
In the event that the 4 guest minimum is not met, we will contact you one week prior to the scheduled date where you will be offered the following options depending on the number of guests currently booked:
- Upgrade to a private afternoon tour just for you.
- Reschedule the tour for a future date at no penalty
- Cancel the reservation and receive a full refund
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- All guests are required to verify they have read and understood our COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, and sign an Assumption of Risk waiver to ensure the safety to all on board.
- For more information about our Health and Safety Agreement, please CLICK HERE