Taste a wonderful array of wine and learn about the history of the Finger Lakes on this wine tour with lunch. Satisfy your palate and curiosity as you explore some wineries on Cayuga Lake.
EAST CAYUGA Owner Experience Wine Tour with Lunch
Exclusive Wine Tour with owner-led experiences and a brewery lunch.
- Adult Ages 21+
An East Cayuga Lake Wine Tour with In-depth, Owner-led Experiences, Exclusive tastings, and Lunch at a Local Craft Brewery.
This is an immersive full-day wine tour for people who are looking for a truly behind-the-scenes personalized experience unlike anything else available in the Finger Lakes. We take you to two family-owned wineries on the east side of Cayuga Lake, where you will receive owner-guided experiences, private, curated wine tastings paired with local cheese and chocolate. This tour includes lunch and a flight of beers at Aurora Brewing Co.
Our first stop of the day is Heart & Hands Wine Company. Owner Susan Higgins will greet you for a spectacular tour of their special site. They chose their land specifically because of it’s ability to grow Pinot Noir. The views are stunning and the terroir is excellent. You are in for a real treat, as Heart in Hands is recognized as one of the best Pinot Noir producers in the Finger Lakes. We will be doing a custom tasting designed specifically for E!FLX guests to demonstrate the impact of their unique terroir on their highly recognized Pinots, elegant Rieslings and stunning chardonnays. Heart & Hands are committed to two principles that are directly in-line with E!FLX and this region. They are committed to sustainably producing cool-climate wines that authentically express the unique character of the Finger Lakes, and are laser-focused on creating wines designed to showcase beautifully with food.
After your tasting, we will head to Aurora Brewing Company for lunch and a flight of their beers. Aurora Brewing Company has established quite a following for their handcrafted beers. Sit back and enjoy lunch and the featured flight at the brewery. This is our only tour that features a brewery and beer tasting!
After lunch, we make our way to Long Point Winery, where you are treated to another truly intimate wine tasting experience. Owner and winemaker, Gary Barletta, will host you in his wine cellar as he talks about his winemaking process. He will share his special love of Zinfandel, as you taste four different styles of wine created from this one grape varietal. This full-bodied red is perfect with chocolate, so we’ll have some with us for you to experience. Afterward, experience a second tasting where you will be able to select from Long Point’s fabulous wines, from crisp or fruity whites to rich, full-bodied reds.
On the way home, your guide will make a special waterfall stop to take in the “gorgeous” scenery.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity for an exclusive and intimate bud to bottle look at the passion that drives the winemaking on Cayuga’s east side!
This tour is available in three different options:
Shared Tour: Small, guided experience for up to 7 guests (2-3 different households) with knowledgeable wine professional tour guide. This is the enhanced shared group experience for which we are known, now in an extra small format.
Traditional Private Tour: The high-quality experience you have come to expect in an E!FLX tour, now available as a private experience for 2-7 people. Comes with $15 of “Bottle Bucks” per person, that serves as cash towards wine purchases at all stops.
Want to get even more out of your private tour? Private Tours offer the option to have a certified sommelier serve as your tour guide for the ultimate experience!
- All-inclusive wine tour experience for 2-7 guests
- Transportation provided in either our 7-passenger Mercedes Metris
- Vineyard and production tour with the owner at the first winery
- Barrel-room horizontal Zinfandel tasting with owner/winemaker at the second winery
- Private, fully-curated, enhanced, and expanded tasting experiences hosted by the owners at each winery
- An experiential food pairing at each winery
- Lunch at Aurora Brewing Co and a flight of beers.
- Added services including water and snacks on board your vehicle
The following locations are available for pick up and drop off on our Shared Tours:
- 10:00 AM @ La Tourelle Hotel and Spa, 1150 Danby Road, Ithaca NY
- 10:15 AM @ The Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga Street Ithaca NY
- 10:30 AM @ Courtyard Inn by Marriott, 29 Thornwood Dr., Ithaca NY
On private tours, we provide custom pick-up and drop-off at your preferred location (additional fees may apply).
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- All guests are required to verify they have read and understood our Assumption of Risk Waiver.
Guest Minimum and Maximum on Shared Tours
All Shared Tours require a minimum of 4 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. These tours will typically consist of 2-3 separate parties joining together in a shared experience, offering exceptional value for couples and small groups.
In the event that the 4 guest minimum is not met, we will contact you one week prior to the scheduled date where you will be offered the following options depending on the number of guests currently booked:
- Upgrade to a private afternoon tour just for you.
- Reschedule the tour for a future date at no penalty
- Cancel the reservation and receive a full refund