Two wineries. Owners Perspectives. Extended visits. Expanded Tastings. Artisan Foods. And a beer tasting flight with lunch at a local craft brewery! Eastside of Cayuga Lake is known for its hidden treasures. Come discover them with us on this exclusive tour.
Experience! WEST CAYUGA Lake Wine Tour with Lunch
- Adult Ages 21+
Experience West Cayuga Lake on a Wine Tour with Lunch
This full-day wine tour features the best that the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail has to offer – from stunning views to exquisite wines. Visit three iconic wineries, explore the vineyards, learn about the region, while enjoying delicious wines, featured pairings, and local-sourced food.
We begin at Buttonwood Grove Winery which has been owned by Dave and Melissa Pittard since 2014. They host us beautifully any time of year with a private, behind-the-scenes tour of the vineyard and/or winemaking process. After your tour, you will experience a private tasting, featuring a curated wine list with a local cheese pairing.
Enjoy a freshly prepared lunch at Buttonwood Grove.
Next up is Sheldrake Point Winery, enjoy the sights from their beautiful lakefront tasting room while sampling their wines, ranging from exquisitely crafted Rieslings to their proprietary red blends. Each wine is paired with local charcuterie, and the tasting ends with their traditionally made, internationally recognized, wonderfully sweet ice wine.
Our last stop is Bet the Farm Winery. A boutique winery of owner and winemaker Nancy Tisch and owner and general manager Kit Kalfs. It is a wonderful stop with great views, amazing hospitality and fabulous wines. Being hosted by an owner is amplified by their stories and masterfully curated pairings. Savor some of their first vintages of estate wines as well as their award winning blends.
The tour culminates with a trip to the beautiful Taughannock Falls overlook. Standing at 215 feet high, it is the tallest waterfall drop in the Eastern U.S. and is sure to take your breath away.
*Please note that on occasions, our regularly scheduled partners on this itinerary are unavailable and we may make substitutions as needed.
This tour is available in three different options:
Shared Tour: Small, guided experience for up to 6 guests (2-3 different households) with knowledgeable wine professional tour guide. This is the enhanced shared group experience for which we are known, now in an extra small format.
Traditional Private Tour: The high-quality experience you have come to expect in an E!FLX tour, now available as a private experience for 2-6 people. Comes with $15 of “Bottle Bucks” per person, that serves as cash towards wine purchases at all stops.
Premium Private Tour Upgrade: All the enhanced features of our traditional private tour (including “Bottle Bucks”) with upgraded premium tastings at each winery. Tastings will feature limited library and reserve wines not typically offered to the public. You can upgrade your Traditional Private Tour to a Premium Private Tour for an additional $50 per person.
Want to get even more out of your private tour? Premium Private Tours offer the option to have a certified sommelier serve as your tour guide for the ultimate experience!
- All-inclusive wine tour experience for 2-7 guests
- Transportation provided in our 7-passenger Mercedes Metris
- Vineyard and winemaking tour at the first winery
- Private, fully-curated, enhanced, tasting experiences at each winery
- Experiential food pairings
- Locally-sourced lunch at a winery overlooking vineyards & Cayuga Lake
- Added services including water and snacks on board your vehicle
The following locations are available for pick up and drop off on our Shared Tours:
- 10:45 AM at La Tourelle Hotel & Spa, 1150 Danby Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850
- 11 AM at Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga St., Ithaca, NY 14850
- 11:30 AM at Trumansburg – To the right of the TFit, 61 West Main St, Trumansburg, NY
On private tours we provide custom pick-up and drop-off at your preferred location (additional fees may apply).
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- All guests are required to verify they have read and understood our Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, and sign an Assumption of Risk waiver to ensure the safety to all on board.
- For more information about our Health and Safety Agreement and Screening, please CLICK HERE
Guest Minimum and Maximum on Shared Tours
All Shared Tours require a minimum of 4 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. These tours will typically consist of 2-3 separate parties joining together in a shared experience, offering exceptional value for couples and small groups.
In the event that the 4 guest minimum is not met, we will contact you one week prior to the scheduled date where you will be offered the following options depending on the number of guests currently booked:
- Upgrade to a shorter private afternoon tour just for you
- Reschedule the tour for a future date at no penalty
- Cancel the reservation and receive a full refund