Enjoy a narrated driving tour that features majestic waterfall views and colorful tales of the town’s history, culminating in a visit to Ithaca Falls.
Chasing Cider, Wine, and Waterfalls Tour
Exclusive Tour Just for Cornell Alumni!
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Tour Time: 1 pm – 4:30 pm
- Tour Availability:
- One day only! Saturday, June 11, 2022
- Enhanced Tasting Experiences
- Private Orchard and Cider-making Tour by Cornell Professor Emeritus, Ian Merworth
- Special food pairings
- From :
- $ 179
Chasing Cider, Wine, and Waterfalls Itinerary
Discover the hidden treasures on the west side of Cayuga Lake. Right outside the village of Trumansburg are the homes of two craft producers – one cidery and one winery. Get behind the scenes, taste their stunning creations, and end your afternoon at the always- favorite Taughannock Falls.
We start our afternoon at Black Diamond Farm & Cidery. There you will meet owner, cider-maker, and Cornell professor emeritus Ian Merwin. Ian is one of the pioneers of the Finger Lakes craft cider movement, which has gained attention of cider lovers throughout the world. Ian will take you into his orchard, through his cider-making process, and share with you his stunning craft ciders. A special afternoon program set up just for you!
Afterwards, we will head to Bet The Farm Winery where winemaker and founder, Nancy Tisch, along with her husband Kit Kalfs, create small-batch wine that represents the magic of the Finger Lakes region. Their well-balanced, thoughtful wines pair great with food and are also enjoyable on their own.
Our last stop is the spectacular Taughannock Falls overlook, a stunning site that is the perfect ending to the afternoon.
- The shared tour requires a minimum of 4 total guests in order at the listed price. Alternatively it can be booked by a small group as a private experience.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Risley Hall, Cornell University Campus
- The Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga Street, Ithaca NY