Enjoy a narrated driving tour that features majestic waterfall views and colorful tales of the town’s history, culminating in a visit to Ithaca Falls.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Tour Time: 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Tour Availability:
- Please call us at 607-233-4818 for availability
- Tasting fees
- Added services
- Special food pairings
Ithaca, Wines, and Waterfalls Itinerary
This tour features three stops around Ithaca – two are home to producers of hand-crafted, boutique-style wines, and one shows off our favorite Ithaca waterfall.
We first stop at Ports of New York, where Frédéric Bouché continues the tradition of winemaking that his father started in Normandy, France. Learn how Frédéric makes his elegant white and red wines and ports, share in an intimate tasting paired with selected items, and explore his family’s history of winemaking in France through his personal museum collection.
Our next stop is Six Mile Creek Winery, Ithaca’s own boutique winery. We drive down into the vineyard to meet with one of the winery staff who provides a vineyard and winery tour and shares what makes the Six Mile Creek vineyard different from other wineries on the lake. Afterward, taste their classic Finger Lakes varietals paired with local cheese, and sample one of their unique grape-based spirits, distilled in the traditional Italian style right at the winery – truly a special treat.
Our last stop is the spectacular Ithaca Falls. We get up close and personal with this awe-inspiring 135ft waterfall, providing the perfect ending to the afternoon.
Join us on this tour and get a taste of how good it gets in Ithaca!
- All tours are public tours and require a minimum of 5 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. Alternate pricing and touring options are available for tours that do not meet this minimum.
- If you are a group of 8 or more, we can host you on this tour as part of our Private Tour Bundle Package. Please visit our Private Wine Tours page to view more information!
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- La Tourelle Hotel and Spa, 1150 Danby Road, Ithaca NY
- The Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga Street, Ithaca NY