Our most popular Seneca Lake tour focuses on three wineries that produce beautifully crafted vinifera wines on the eastern shores of Seneca Lake, along with a unique tasting and lunch experience.
Winter, Wine, and Lunch on Seneca Lake
Seneca Lake Winter, Wine & Lunch Tour
This tour is available in three different options:
Shared Tour: Small, guided experience for up to 6 guests (2-3 different households) with knowledgeable wine professional tour guide. This is the enhanced shared group experience for which we are known, now in an extra small format.
Traditional Private Tour: The high-quality experience you have come to expect in an E!FLX tour, now available as a private experience for 2-6 people. Comes with $20 of “Bottle Bucks” per person, which serves as cash towards wine purchases at all stops.
Premium Private Tour Upgrade: All the enhanced features of our traditional private tour (including “Bottle Bucks”) with upgraded premium tastings at each winery. Tastings will feature limited library and reserve wines not typically offered to the public. You can upgrade your Traditional Private Tour to a Premium Private Tour for an additional $50 per person.
Want to get even more out of your private tour? Premium Private Tours offer the option to have a certified sommelier serve as your tour guide for the ultimate experience!
On this tour, guests have the opportunity to experience some of the best wine from the region. At each winery, taste multiple vintages and sites of different varietals and explore first hand the effects of seasonal variation, age, and terroir in each glass.
Our first stop is Buttonwood Grove Winery with a private, behind-the-scenes tour of the vineyard and winemaking process. After your tour, experience a private outdoor tasting, featuring a curated wine list and selected local cheese pairing.
Next, we head to Red Newt Wine Cellars or Sheldrake Point Vineyard for a unique wine-paired lunch experience. You will enjoy a beautifully-prepared local fruit, cheese and charcuterie board for two people to explore along with your choice of 4 wine “tadpole” sample bottles for the two of you to share. Your tour guide will advise you on which combination of items on your board will best complement your selection of wines.
At our last stop, enjoy a special wine tasting at Damiani Wine Cellars. Your tasting will be paired with Damiani’s own locally-made, hand-crafted chocolate, specifically designed to match Damiani’s amazing wines.
Wineries can change based on availability.
- All-inclusive, COVID-19 safe, wine tour experience for 2-6 guests
- Transportation provided in either our well-appointed 14-passenger high-roof Ford Transit or our 6-passenger Mercedes Metris, depending on group size and desired shared or private option
- Vineyard and winemaking tour at the first winery
- Private, fully-curated, enhanced, tasting experiences at each winery
- An experiential food pairing at each winery
- Locally-sourced lunch at a winery overlooking vineyards & Seneca Lake
- Added services including water and snacks onboard your vehicle
- Full COVID-19 safety protocol with social distancing, PPE, and sanitizing in place and observed throughout the tour
The following locations are available for pick up and drop off on our Shared Tours:
- 9:45 AM La Tourelle Hotel & Spa, 1150 Danby Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850
- 10:00 AM Hotel Ithaca, 222 S. Cayuga St., Ithaca, NY 14850
- 10:45 AM Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, 16 N Franklin St, Watkins Glen, NY 14891
On private tours, we provide custom pick-up and drop-off at your preferred location (additional fees may apply).
All Shared Tours require a minimum of 4 total guests in order to run the tour at the listed price. These tours will typically consist of 2-3 separate parties joining together in a shared experience, offering exceptional value for couples and small groups.
In the event that the 4 guest minimum is not met, we will contact you one week prior to the scheduled date where you will be offered the following options depending on the number of guests currently booked:
- Switch to the Traditional Private Tour when there are only two guests who want to experience at the most personalized level.
- Reschedule the tour for a future date at no penalty
- Cancel the reservation and receive a full refund
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special considerations, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- All guests are required to verify they have read and understood our COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, sign an Assumption of Risk waiver and pass a Health and Safety Screening to ensure the safety to all on board.
- For more information about our Health and Safety Agreement and Screening, please CLICK HERE